Fundraising for Thurrock Foodbank
We are always very grateful to churches, local schools and organisations, as well as individuals who have put on events to raise money for us. Fundraising for Thurrock foodbank is a great way of letting your friends, family, neighbours and colleagues know about the great work we do while also having fun together.
Arranging a food collection is good idea too – to see what items we are currently in desperate need of, or to see where to drop off donations; have a look at our Donate Food page.
Ideas for fundraising:
- Organise a Quiz Night with proceeds going to the Foodbank
- Collect food donations from colleagues
- Organise a Bake Sale
- Gain sponsorship to do a fun run/sky dive/ dance-a-thon/ long distance walk
- Host a fete with stalls and tombola
- Non-uniform days at school/college/work
- Sacrifice luxury items for a week or a month and donate the amount you would have spent
- Place one of our collection tins in the reception area of your business or shop
If you would like to use one of our collection tins, buckets or even a large sign for your event, please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more ideas on events or to try and raise money for us in another way, there are some helpful hints and ideas in the Trussell Trusts’ handy fundraising booklet: